Friday, November 1, 2013

Interview with IVF Patient

I recall the day I got the call from my OBGYN that my husband’s sperm were not able to penetrate my eggs.  We were devastated because having children was something that we had longed for.  I was faced with the hardest decision of my life because I either gave up our dream of having children, or we could wait to see if a miracle happened, or try IVF (which was the option given by my OB).

We decided to start preparing for IVF.  Our first thought was “how can we afford this financially?”  We made a hard decision and I went to work for Discover Card and we took out a second mortgage on our home.  This was very difficult because IVF is not a for sure thing and we didn’t know if we would be successful.

I felt like a train wreck.  Tons of emotions were going through me. One minute I was very angry, and the next I was sad because the one thing that I wanted most in my life might not happen.  This truly was an emotional rollercoaster.

We started our IVF journey with the Colorado Center for Reproductive Medicine in Lone Tree, CO.  After a failed cycle with CCRM in 2006, we transferred to Dr. Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center.

The entire process was very scary and stressful for us because we still didn’t know if we would ever reach our dream of being parents.  Through my tears and tons of tests we were blessed with an adorable baby boy.  Finally our dream had come true and we were so grateful.

If it wasn’t for the nurses, I would not have been able to get through the process.  They truly walked me through the whole process and what made it nicer was they were able to tell me their own personal experiences, since many had been through IVF.”

Since our successful cycle, we have tried another cycle, which wasn’t successful.  We went down the route of adoption and were blessed with two beautiful girls.  I now feel my family is complete.


POST FROM RCC
We are so pleased that Leslie was successful.  We know IVF creates financial hardship and have instituted many programs to help patients afford the treatments needed. Many of our patients now choose the IVF Money Back Guarantee Program. In this multiple cycle program, you deliver a live baby or your money is refunded.  If you aren’t successful, these funds can be used to pursue other options, such as adoption. Some patients require more than one IVF cycle to achieve pregnancy and the guarantee program can be much less expensive.


No comments:

Post a Comment